Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Stones' visit

We spent last weekend with our good friends from college, the Stones. They were on vacation visiting friends and family on the east coast and stayed with us for two nights. This was the first time friends with kids have come to visit (and our first visitors in our new apartment). Justin picked them up Friday while I was at work and took them out for pizza.

Jonah shared his new play table my coworker gifted us (Thanks Jen!).

When I got home we took them to our favorite park to play. Jonah liked the swings so much better this time
Justin and I had fun watching Rich play on the playset and go fearlessly down the slide (head first) and crawl around and get into everything! He and Jonah aren't quite old enough to play "together" but we're excited for him to have a friend so close in age.
Bathing in the big tub - Jonah has a blue dophin and Rich has the rubber duck.

We spent most of Saturday at the aquarium.
Both boys behaved so well! We even talked the manager into letting us bring our cooler in "for the babies' food" and ate our lunch inside (it was cool and BREEZY outside) after watching the dolphin show. Jonah napped in the carrier twice (hooray!) and nursed in the shark tank where it was dark and quiet. All the lights and movement of the fish and the water kept Jonah's attention pretty much all morning.
We walked around the inner harbor and played at the park on Federal Hill and had crabcakes for dinner. I was pretty impressed that we made it though such a busy day without a meltdown :)
Rich - 13 months and Jonah - 7 months
I just noticed in this picture they are holding hands. I don't know if Justin staged the picture but it is cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Thanks for chronicling the Stones' visit. I hope that Rich and Jonah will continue this friendship for years to come!
Love, Aunt Mimi