Monday, January 14, 2008

Vacation with the Skweres

How is it that I'm already so behind on my chronicles?!? This last week I subbed at the Ross Day school for the 4th-8th grade class. I really enjoyed being back in the classroom, but I have forgotten how exhausting it can be to work full time! Today is the first day I don't have anything to do since we got back and by now, our vacation seems so long ago.
We spent eleven days in Houston visiting with Justin's family. Included in that was lots of ice cream, multiple trips to Barnes and Noble (which always includes a Starbucks drink!), shopping, and hanging out with friends and family. Here are five highlights of our trip:
1. Grandpa's 80th birthday party! Everyone got together for Barbecue and cake to celebrate.


2. Seeing friends from College! Marshall and Stone and some other friends met us for drinks downtown and we had so much fun. I also got to see both my bridesmaids, Katherine and Kristi!
3. Two more mini-Christmases! With so much family the holiday season lasts forever.
4. A family get together at Dad's with Busha and all the aunts, uncles, and cousins we didn't get to see in August (which means it has been a year!) which was so much fun, but my camera was lost in the disaster that was our room (hey, it gets messy living out of a suitcase for a month, plus all the christmas gifts) so I don't have any pictures, but please email them to me so I can post them here!
5. Certainly not last or least: Celebrating New Years Eve! Aunt Carol hosted her annual new years eve get together and it was the perfect opportunity to see everyone while we were in town. Justin was so excited for the opportunity to play Dominoes with Grandpa. Everyone else was excited for the opportunity to be featured in the blog!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!I MADE THE CHRONICLES BLOG!!!!! thank you baby girl. love yall so much!

aunt carol