I know! I built up all that anticipation and then never delivered. You can say it: Slacker.
I've slacked off. And now the problem is I have so much to share I don't know where to start, and it is easier to keep slacking than to go ahead and get started.
I had you wondering there for a second, didn't I? Would she be a slacker and then tease too?
Never.
So without further ado:
The holiday Recap! (drum roll please)
Now I find myself asking: Where should we start?
To which you may be thinking: Once upon a time...
Oh come on, it wasn't that long ago!
Justin's last day of Neurology was Christmas eve. While he was at the hospital, I spent the day packing up and getting ready for our trip. We woke up on Christmas morning super early to make our 7:30 flight. A last minute decision to check my bag ended with disasterous results when we landed in Houston several hours later and wasted half an hour watching three lonely suitcases travel around the carousel. With the thought of missing toiletries, not to mention gifts, my Christmas cheer was almost non-existant. How could I make it back and forth to Dominica so many times and never lose a bag, and then have a problem on a domestic flight? Slackers with a capitol S. Don't even think about pitying them for having to work Christmas.

Mom picked us up from the airport and whisked us over to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch. We had a great visit :)
Then we went to Dad's for Christmas dinner.
It was beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... except for the humidity. Justin and I had to do a double take when we were walking off the plane to make sure we hadn't landed in Dominica (my hair had a hard time telling the difference).
And of course, all's well that ends well... My bags were delivered late late late that night :)
We spent the next few days spending quality time with the fam.
We spent the next few days spending quality time with the fam.
We had a wonderful time in Houston and were so thankful to see the family.
Stay tuned for more!
2 comments:
Ashley, you look gorgeous! I mean, you looked cute in Dominica, but it's fun to see what everyone looks like when we can actually dress in something that won't develop sweat circles and our hair won't go in a ponytail two seconds after walking out the front door.
from one "slacker" to another....good job!!!
love you guys, aunt carol
Post a Comment